REUNET: Vision and Mission
The share of installed renewable energy capacity in Morocco will totalize 42% of total installed electricity generation capacity by the year 2020.
The implementation of this process requires a significant participation of the Moroccan academic and research institutions as well as highly qualified professionals including designers, engineers and technicians.
To date, Morocco relies on oil and coal imports for 95% of its energy needs, and its expanding economy drives an approximately 8% annual increase in
In a bid to alleviate the country’s expensive dependence on energy imports and to improve energy security, the Moroccan government has initiated
massive promotion of renewable energy, moving the country to the front line - now one of the leading solar and wind power nations in Northern Africa. In
2020, the total installed electrical capacity in the country is projected to rise from the current 6400 MW to reach 14580 MW through 6 GW of generating
capability from a variety of alternative sources such as solar, wind, hydro, biomass, and other renewables.
The implementation of the government policy on renewable energy requires a significant participation of the Moroccan academic and research
institutions. The involvement of these institutions and their resources is essential to achieve optimal benefits from these programs.
Highly qualified professionals including designers, engineers and technicians will be required to contribute to this process.
In order to contribute to the successful realization of these projects, Moroccan University Professors and researchers took the initiative to create the
Renewable Energy University Network (REUNET) as a nonprofit organization aiming to develop and support training, research and innovation in the field of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
The main objectives of REUNET are:
- to promote training of Moroccan university Professors and researchers to enable them to build qualified engineers and scientists who will be able to realize the renewable energy and energy efficiency goals of Morocco;
- to organize research activities in the field of Solar, Wind and other alternative sources of energy;
- to congress, conferences, workshops and summer schools and training seminars;
- to encourage research projects for utilization of solar energy in Morocco;
- to look for international assistance and collaborations in this field;
- to co-ordinate and establish liaison with researchers working in other institutions inside and outside the country;
- to collect information and literature on research in the area of renewable energy and energy efficiency and to disseminate them through the organization of summer schools, workshops and conferences;
- to promote exchange between researchers, manufacturers and operators involved in the Moroccan renewable energy and energy efficiency sector;
- to assist Moroccan Universities to acquire equipment and basic learning materials for Training and Research in renewable energy and energy efficiency.
if you are interested in working with us, or
If you are interested in being our partner, or
If you are interested in sponsoring our initiative,
Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org